EJA District-Wide Charge Conference
August 15 2019
We are excited to once again have a collaborative District-Wide Charge Conference for the East Jackson District! If your church needs an individual Charge Conference for ANY reason, please contact Rev. Dr. Connie Shelton by August 15.
East Jackson District-Wide Charge Conference is November 12 at Christ UMC, Jackson. All paperwork for the District-Wide Charge Conference is due on October 31st. Each church is invited to bring your choir to participate in the mass choir for the service. Music will be shared in the near future.
The work of the lay leadership selection committees/nominations committees is essential to the vitality of each local church. The pastor is the chair of nominations, by Discipline, and ensures the integrity and prayerfulness of the process.
Do you need help submitting your charge conference information online? We are offering a Charge Conference Gathering for clergy and lay persons who help facilitate the Charge Conference process on Tuesday, October 15th from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m and 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. at the District Office.
Things to bring on Oct 15:
- ALL your Charge Conference paperwork and information (this includes updated contact information for your leadership, all reports, etc.)
- a laptop (If you do not have one, please call or email the District Office to reserve one in advance. Ours will be available on a first come, first serve basis.)
Need a scanner to submit your Charge Conference Paperwork online? Here are some options:
- Call one of these churches who have offered their scanners for use:
- Brandon FUMC in Brandon, Contact Rev. Scott Larsen or Britney Miller at 601-825-5958
- Magee FUMC in Magee, Contact Rev. Dr. Tommy Jennings at 601-849-2459
- Marvin UMC in Florence, Contact Rev. “BB” Watson at 601-845-7524, or 601-260-7842
- East Jackson District Office in Ridgeland, Contact Rev. Lori Galambos at 601-499-5995
- Download a scanner app on your phone that will turn a picture into a PDF. Scanbot is one of several free versions available.
- Take pictures with your phone (make sure the pictures are clear and readable).