PO Box 979
Jackson, MS 39201
234 W Jackson ST
Ridgeland, MS 39157
View hours ↓
Monday: 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
East & West Jackson Districts - Lay Servant Ministry School
December 18 2019
February 22, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Hosted by Trinity UMC
649 Luckney Road, Brandon, MS 39043
Lay Servants are to serve the local church or charge in any way in which their witness of leadership and service inspire the laity to deeper commitment to Christ and to more effective discipleship.
Who should attend Lay Servant Ministries School?
-Lay Leaders (who are encouraged to attend by the Book of Discipline)
-Lay persons who have served well and are willing to take the next step in service, either through certification as a Certified Lay Servant, a Certified Lay Speaker, or a Certified Lay Minister
What courses will be offered?
- Basic Course (Required prior to other courses)
- In this study participants will explore spiritual gifts; leading; caring; communicating; and much more!
- The Method of Our Mission: United Methodist Polity and Organization
- This course gives participants an overview of the structure and organization of the United Methodist Church. It is recommended that participants have access (either through hard copy or electronically) a copy of the latest edition of the Book of Discipline, in addition to the participant’s book in the link.
- Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition
- Structured around Wesley’s “means of grace,” this study covers, among other topic, prayer, Scripture, the Lord’s Supper, and fasting – major features in John Wesley’s devotional life. Participants will learn how they can apply Wesley’s ministry to their own life.
- Accountable Discipleship
- This class focuses on the concept of the household of God, Scripture as divine revelation, Wesleyan understandings of grace, and – as a special emphasis – the importance of the class leader.
Cost: $20.00 (book not included)
Payment goes to:
West Jackson District
P.O. Box 8024
Jackson, MS 39284
Participants are responsible for ordering their own books. Click the course titles above or in the flyer to get the book information for each course.
Register by February 7, 2020.
Register online HERE or by returning the paper registration found under "View File".
Here is the link
Brandon, MS 39043